About Me

Citrus Heights, CA, United States
Welcome a little place, I like to call The Crazy House, or my blog. :D Cast of Characters: The mom part is played by yours truly. My name is Molly. I am 37 years old and live in Northern California. I am a first & foremost a mom, on top of the many other jobs that I do. The 5 Boys- Sam is my almost an adult(sob)17 year old- lots of challenges with the teenager years. Michael, or Mikey as we call him, is my 9 year old. Brandon is 7, Andrew turns 7 at the end of August. And then there is Joshua, who had his third birthday in March; he has decided to extend his terrible twos. Our princess Emma joined us on April 7th in 2010. She has all of us wrapped around her fingers! Our lives have dramatically changed since the beginning of this year-I have dealt with domestic violence, started divorce proceedings, lost my job, and had to move myself & the 6 kids into my parent's house. Yeah, it's a crazy life!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Those Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies are Low-Fat, right?

Now that Joshua is 3 months old, I've been contemplating about starting up an exercise program. I've gotten as far as perusing the Fitness section on our cable's On Demand ( did you know that they have everything from 5 minute Abs, to Carmen Electra's Striptease, to Leslie Sansone's Walking?), and thinking about taking the kids down to the park more often.
I think I've found some new motivation though. After reading about the great "Skinny Bitch" contest that Corrin is holding (http://corrinrenee.com/2008/06/06/contest-are-you-a-skinny-bitch/), it made me think about what I want for myself. Now that I am done having kids, I am ready to let the "skinny bitch" inside me out! I've never been a skinny gal. But I used to be at a pretty healthy weight. You would think with all the running around that I do, I would be little. lol My goals this summer is to run & play with the little ones at the park. We are really lucky to live 2 blocks from a big one. I also would love to start jogging again. I used to go running at nighttime, around the block. Maybe I can talk Sam into going with me. I want to start doing my walking dvds again, also. Leslie Sansone makes it really easy for us moms, who can't just pack up and go walking whenever they feel like it. But they definately will leave you feeling like you worked out all your areas! I highly recommend them! http://www.lesliesansone.com/
One of my biggest problems, is eating healthy. I loathe vegetables with a passion! Thankfully, I make up for it in fruit. :) Summer to me is fresh peaches, plums, nectarines, cantaloupe, and watermelon. Yum! A big goal for me this year, is to switch the whole family to a more healthy lifestyle. I've been making little switches, trying to buy lowfat versions of things that we eat, and cutting down portion sizes. While I want Matt & myself to be healthier & happy with the way we look, I also want to instill these same things in the kids. I want them growing up happy with their bodies.

No comments: