About Me

Citrus Heights, CA, United States
Welcome a little place, I like to call The Crazy House, or my blog. :D Cast of Characters: The mom part is played by yours truly. My name is Molly. I am 37 years old and live in Northern California. I am a first & foremost a mom, on top of the many other jobs that I do. The 5 Boys- Sam is my almost an adult(sob)17 year old- lots of challenges with the teenager years. Michael, or Mikey as we call him, is my 9 year old. Brandon is 7, Andrew turns 7 at the end of August. And then there is Joshua, who had his third birthday in March; he has decided to extend his terrible twos. Our princess Emma joined us on April 7th in 2010. She has all of us wrapped around her fingers! Our lives have dramatically changed since the beginning of this year-I have dealt with domestic violence, started divorce proceedings, lost my job, and had to move myself & the 6 kids into my parent's house. Yeah, it's a crazy life!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Teaching children, when the parents can't be taught.

I think my hardest challenge to teach my children right from wrong, responsibilities, and to basically not lie, is when my not-so-better half doesn't seem to live by the same "values". I don't want to raise my kids with the "do as I say, not as I do" way. I am far far away from being the "perfect" parent. And I don't ask that my husband be perfect. I just want him to keep his word, and not lie to me. And treat me with some respect. Is that really so hard? We were supposed to have our backyard all cleaned up yesterday ( it's been a slight nightmare out there, as a catchall of stuff the mice destroyed, some full garbage bags from the garbage cans not being dragged out in time to be dumped, and the stuff for goodwill that was messed up with the last big storm we had- that the kids have dragged all over the place. And I won't get into the jungle growing on the side of the house.) Sam & I busted our asses, cleaning up. While Matt sat in here, in front of the fan. I came in to take a quick shower, so we could go take all the empty boxes to the cardboard recycle bin. I asked him if he would help Sam & Mikey put them in the car. He thru a hissy fit, because since he didn't make the mess, why should he have to clean it up. @@ I just don't understand why he can't do a few things once in a while to help me, when he expects me to jump thru hoops for him. He went out with his friend today,and told me he would be home by 1:30pm, so I could go pick up our fixed washer. He finally came home around 8pm. There are so many little things to add to this story, but it's just more of the same. Ugh. This is just making me mad all over again. He wants to bitch about the kids lying to us, or that Sam doesn't check in. Well , duh. In this regard, I think being a single parent could be easier. No other parent that you have to meld your disciplining ways with. What you say goes.

No comments: