About Me

Citrus Heights, CA, United States
Welcome a little place, I like to call The Crazy House, or my blog. :D Cast of Characters: The mom part is played by yours truly. My name is Molly. I am 37 years old and live in Northern California. I am a first & foremost a mom, on top of the many other jobs that I do. The 5 Boys- Sam is my almost an adult(sob)17 year old- lots of challenges with the teenager years. Michael, or Mikey as we call him, is my 9 year old. Brandon is 7, Andrew turns 7 at the end of August. And then there is Joshua, who had his third birthday in March; he has decided to extend his terrible twos. Our princess Emma joined us on April 7th in 2010. She has all of us wrapped around her fingers! Our lives have dramatically changed since the beginning of this year-I have dealt with domestic violence, started divorce proceedings, lost my job, and had to move myself & the 6 kids into my parent's house. Yeah, it's a crazy life!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's a Boy, It's a Girl, It's a Cyber Baby Shower!

Take one computer, add adorable unique baby gifts, sprinkle in lots of new friends- you now have the ingredients for a great Cyber Baby Shower! Mamanista is having just such a party & we are all invited. Woohoo! (Click here to join Baby CyberShower Games and Unique Baby Shower Gifts Mamanista! ). Being a mom is the most challenging & wonderful job I have ever had. Having gone down this road 5 times now, I wanted to share some of the tidbits of "knowledge" that I have picked up along the way.

-Sleep whenever you can. Even 5 minute catnaps will help. This will be a bit easier if the baby is the only baby you have. If you have other children, it will be harder to find time to nap. Trust me on this- you DO NOT want to accidently nod off while they are awake. My older kids ( 6,4 & 3) have built in sensors that instantly kick in if I nod off in my rocking chair. The consequences? Any & all gum in the house is consumed, lotions & powders will be applied the every available surface in the bathroom, and snacks will be pillaged from the kitchen. I swear my dh has superhero blood in his family, as my kids are FAST! lol
-When changing diapers, make sure you have clean diapers, wipes & extra change of clothes if needed, within arms reach. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT take off diapers slowly, do not stop to smell the roses, do not pass go, do not collect $200. More than likely, you will be pee'd on at least once! Boys are notorious for waiting til you have taken the old diaper off, smiling, and letting loose! Now that I've let you in on this little tidbit, feel free NOT to share it with your signifigant other- while it's not fun to be the Pee-ee, it's pretty darn hilarious to watch it happen to your dh. :D
-Take time everyday to just enjoy your baby. As my oldest son turns 14 next week, I can tell you that time goes by waaay too fast. Revel in the little things- take the morning smile that only mommy can bring out, the baby coos, that sweet baby smell, and the way he holds your finger when you rock him to sleep- lock these in your heart! My youngest will soon be 4 months old, and I already am starting to tear up over milestones Joshua is flying by. :(

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for joining my giveaway and there will be some of all of that coming soon! :)

Unknown said...

Great advice! I really enjoyed your post. The time sure does fly. Thanks for participating.