About Me

Citrus Heights, CA, United States
Welcome a little place, I like to call The Crazy House, or my blog. :D Cast of Characters: The mom part is played by yours truly. My name is Molly. I am 37 years old and live in Northern California. I am a first & foremost a mom, on top of the many other jobs that I do. The 5 Boys- Sam is my almost an adult(sob)17 year old- lots of challenges with the teenager years. Michael, or Mikey as we call him, is my 9 year old. Brandon is 7, Andrew turns 7 at the end of August. And then there is Joshua, who had his third birthday in March; he has decided to extend his terrible twos. Our princess Emma joined us on April 7th in 2010. She has all of us wrapped around her fingers! Our lives have dramatically changed since the beginning of this year-I have dealt with domestic violence, started divorce proceedings, lost my job, and had to move myself & the 6 kids into my parent's house. Yeah, it's a crazy life!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Chaos of Prop 8

If you have called California your home for the last month, than I'm sure you've heard up to your eyeballs about Proposition 8. Well, unless you've been living under a rock. I don't remember past Props getting as much media attention as this one has. It seems like every time I turned the tv on, listened to the radio, or went anywhere, I would get bombarded on how I should vote. We all have our opinions on what we feel is right. Which is great- another reason to live in the great country that we do- democracy rules, and everyone's voice counts. I personally will say I am sad that this passed. I feel that EVERYONE deserves the same rights. My dh & I were allowed to get married, put each other on insurance forms, and are automatically the "next of kin" if something were to happen to one of us. Alot of people voted Yes on 8, because they don't want it taught in school. How do they think it is going to come up in school? I highly doubt that a course on gay marriage will be a requirement for high school graduation. What if your child comes home & tells you their friend at school, has 2 moms or 2 dads? What would you say to your child? Would you tell them that it is wrong? Isn't that teaching intolerance? Or Discrimination? I would really like to hear people's views on it. The world is changing, & we need to keep up with her! What should we ban next? Interracial marriage? Personally, if you want to "save & protect" marriage, ban celebrities from marrying! Getting married & divorcing 2 months later just because you can, in my opinion, is hurting our children's image of marriage far more than gay marriage.

No comments: