About Me

Citrus Heights, CA, United States
Welcome a little place, I like to call The Crazy House, or my blog. :D Cast of Characters: The mom part is played by yours truly. My name is Molly. I am 37 years old and live in Northern California. I am a first & foremost a mom, on top of the many other jobs that I do. The 5 Boys- Sam is my almost an adult(sob)17 year old- lots of challenges with the teenager years. Michael, or Mikey as we call him, is my 9 year old. Brandon is 7, Andrew turns 7 at the end of August. And then there is Joshua, who had his third birthday in March; he has decided to extend his terrible twos. Our princess Emma joined us on April 7th in 2010. She has all of us wrapped around her fingers! Our lives have dramatically changed since the beginning of this year-I have dealt with domestic violence, started divorce proceedings, lost my job, and had to move myself & the 6 kids into my parent's house. Yeah, it's a crazy life!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Fill out those papers carefully...

If you have to deal with any of the government offices, and fill out paperwork, please remember to fill everything out carefully. Or else you could screw yourself over. Around 2 months ago, Matt filled out his unemployment paperwork. Yep, my first mistake. :( Usually I fill out all papers, and then have him sign where needed. It's just easier that way- at least I know all I's have been dotted & T's crossed. Well turns out he didn't check the little box that said he looked for work, but filled out the places he did look for work. That little box threw a monkey wrench into the works & we had to fill out appeal paperwork, since they said they didn't have to pay him. Two weeks ago we received a letter saying he would receive a hearing. Yeah, two weeks ago. Called today & found out that it can take up to 12 weeks to GET a hearing, then another 2-6 weeks waiting on a decision. So maybe if we are lucky, we can get his money by September. I just don't know what the hell we are going to do. We still owe my parents $350 for helping us pay our Smud Bill. The tags are out of date in the car, there is stuff around here we need to fix,and the kids bdays are coming. This really sucks. :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's nothing quite like dealing with government bureaucracy! I recently retired and had a delay in receiving my social security check due to government screw up, not mine. It's very frustrating. I contacted my congresswoman and she interceded and was able to get the matter resolved quite quickly. Maybe someone in your state government could help? Good luck!
PS if you could use a chuckle, check out some of the postings on my blog.